A shockwave for mechanics in the third millennium
The Watch Quote™ - September 30th, 2006
Birotor®: A multitude of technical innovations perfected and patented by Bernard Richards and Jean-Paul Crabbe (genius master watch maker for BRM), culminating in this revolutionary and truly exceptional mechanism.
The original idea: A complete rethink of the movement, now suspended by 4 carbon fibre triangles inside a circle of casing that forms a rigid roll bar, like those used in racing cars.
The mechanical challenge: Here is a list of just some of the main elements of the Birotor® specifications that had to be developed before the new BRM racing model saw the light of day.
- Movement maintained by 4 shock absorbers mounted on progressive pitch conical springs BRM-isolastic system)
- Plates and bridges in arcap®
- Every part of movement assembly entirely bolted
- Birotor automatic mechanism with a differential developed from automobile techniques
- Lighter structure for movement drive
- Rotors mounted on double rows of ceramic bearings
- Rotor hubs in HR fortale
- Tantalum rotor bob weights
- Offset crown
- Time setting system of bipolar crowns
- Ergonomic horns adjustable to three positions
- Double crystals in curvilinear sapphire
- Water resistance guaranteed to 30 meters minimum
- Case and back in grade 2 titanium
- Crowns, horns, bearings, nuts, bolts and buckles in stainless steel 18/8
Today, after thirty months of studies, the BRM Birotor® is finally a reality. The piece works to perfection and the very first deliveries to customers are planned for the first quarter of 2007. BRM has announced several possible configurations: titanium, pink gold, and pink gold and titanium, with or without openwork sides.
Estimated price: Between 30,000 and 60,000 euros tax included depending on the model
Production: Limited to one hundred examples per year.
You can already count on us to present Birotor® to you in the closest detail, in a test-bench article in the beginning of 2007…
On the other hand, given the extraordinary enthusiasm for BRM in the US, Asia, the Gulf states and in ex-USSR, and the production capacity of such a machine, anyone who’s already fallen for this new French racing model would be advised to put their name on the waiting list right now at their favourite BRM outlet!