Over the following centuries, members of the Blancpain family succeeded one another at the head of a highly prosperous company.
1926 • The first HARWOOD automatic wristwatches were launched in France.
1931 • With the rectangular ROLLS, BLANCPAIN entered the annals of the automatic rewind.
1932 • The epic of the founding family came to an end with the death of Frédéric-Emile Blancpain. For 50 years, manufacture was managed under the name RAYVILLE (a phonetic anagram of VILLERET), making mainly watches for diving.
1970 • RAYVILLE S.A. was taken over by SSIH, a Swiss watch-making multinational, and the traditional brand vanished from sight.
1983 • BLANCPAIN contributed considerably to the renaissance of the wristwatch.
1988 • BLANCPAIN achieved the simultaneous production of six masterpieces of watch making.
1989 • BLANCPAIN produced a completely new caliber that entered the history of watch making, the automatic chronograph with maximum depth indicator and date.
The high spot of the BLANCPAIN Collection was the 1735, a limited edition of just 30 examples, equipped with a perpetual calendar, chronograph fly-back repeater, tourbillon and minute repeater, one of the most complicated timepieces the world has ever seen.
1992 • BLANCPAIN again changed ownership and was taken over by the SMH (Société Suisse de Microélectronique et d'Horlogerie), better known as SWATCH GROUP. Jean-Claude Biver headed the board.
2002 • BLANCPAIN collections renamed: VILLERET, LE BRASSUS and LEMAN.