J12 Haute Joaillerie
A watch carved for eternity
The Watch Quote™ - April 10th, 2009
This exquisite and precious watch is made to last an eternity. It combines exclusive and inalterable materials: 18-carat white gold, deep black scratchproof ceramic - a precious material of the 21st century - and diamonds, Mademoiselle Chanel’s favorite gemstones. She once said, “I chose diamonds because they represent the highest value in the smallest volume”. In 1932, she even made them the star of her Fine Jewelry collection “Bijoux de Diamants”.
This model is the result of the exceptional setting techniques performed in the workshops of La Chaux-de-Fonds in Switzerland. Never has such a daring jewelry feat been achieved where the two extremes of chromatic palettes are united.
Black and white are the essential codes of the evocative world, spirit and legend of CHANEL: the ceramic baguette could only be matched by a baguette-cut diamond. Thus, the two extremes of every chromatic palette came together in harmony.
- Watchcase size: 42 mm, 38 mm and 33 mm, limited and numbered to 12 in each size.
- Automatic movement: for 42 and 38 mm sizes and quartz movement for 33 mm size.
- Bracelet: in 18K white gold set with 400 diamonds for a total weight of 20 carats and ceramic.
- Bezel: in 18K white gold set with 48 baguette-cut diamonds for a total weight of 5 carats.
- Watchcase: in 18K white gold set with 78 baguette-cut diamonds for a total weight of 5 carats.
- Dial: in 18K white gold set with 54 baguette-cut diamonds for a total weight of 3 carats and 84 baguette-cut ceramic.
- Crown: in 18K white gold and diamond.