1755 • Jean-Marc Vacheron opened a watch-making workshop in the Saint-Gervais district of Geneva. There he produced his first timepieces and founded a dynasty that would forge one of the greatest names in the history of watch -making.
1819 • At the end of the Napoleonic Wars, François Constantin rejoined the business and criss-crossed Europe for decades, exposing every market of the age to the marvels of ingenuity signed Vacheron & Constantin.
1839 • A genius with machinery, Georges-Auguste Leschot signed up to direct production, and revolutionised watch making by developing the first machines that made it possible to produce interchangeable watch parts. They gave Vacheron Constantin a significant lead on the industry, in a business that was progressing from the craft to the art of watch making.
1875 • Outgrowing its historic premises in la Tour de l’Ile, Vacheron Constantin moved a short distance away, to the rue des Moulins.
1880 • Maltese Cross adopted as trade mark, it was modelled after one of the components, which at that time was fixed to the spring drum to improve the watch’s precision
1906 • New Vacheron Constantin store opened in rue des Moulins, in the heart of Geneva.
1911 • First Vacheron Constantin wristwatches produced.
1955 • Bicentennial celebrations, and the development of the flattest mechanical movement in the world, barely 1.64 mm thick.
1979 • Sculpted directly into a gold ingot, then set with 130 carat emerald cut diamonds, the Vacheron Constantin Kallista watch (the fruit of more than 8,700 man hours of painstaking craftsmanship) instantly became one of watch-making’s most dazzling creations.
1992 • Launch of the Vacheron Constantin movements; 1755 (minute repeater) and 1760 (tourbilllon).
1994 • Inauguration of the private Vacheron Constantin museum, a faithful reproduction of an XVIII century workshop.
1996 • Manufacture launches the Overseas sports collection.
1998 • Integration into the company of the Vallée de Joux “Haut de Gamme” movement workshops, already its long standing partners.
2000 • Launch of the bold contemporary style Malta collection.
2001 • With its striking personality, the Royal Eagle collection further enlarged the Vacheron Constantin offer.
2004 • On the eve of its 250th anniversary, Vacheron Constantin moved into its brand new Manufacture in Plan-les-Ouates, Geneva.